The Southwest Women’s Law Center is looking for a Development Specialist.
Established in 2005, the Southwest Women’s Law Center (SWLC) works on issues that impact women and girls around reproductive rights, economic security, and gender discrimination. We are seeking to fill a newly created position for a donor relations/fundraiser who has a passion for our mission and vision and is excited to share it with the community. We are open to negotiating a staff position with benefits or contract employee, both full or part-time, with someone who has at least 2-8 years’ experience. Negotiable salary between $42,000 to $62,000, based on skills and experience.
As a small nonprofit, the SWLC relies heavily on grants to allow us to do our work but we are looking to expand our operations and so are seeking someone to:
- Spearhead our donor and fundraising outreach to individuals, corporate partners and funding agencies
- Assess current fundraising plan and implement modifications to expand and enhance the donor experience
- Increase our supporter base by conducting prospect research to identify potential contributors including key major giver
- Cultivate relationships with current supporters to grow their annual giving
- Manage a major gift campaign to build fundraising capacity each year
- Assists Executive Director in researching and writing grants
- Grant/proposal writing experience
- Experience with in-person “asks” from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships with diverse populations
- Familiar with fundraising/communication databases such as GiftWorks and MailChimp
- Experience with social media marketing
- Prior experience working with nonprofits that impact women, people of color, or legal and policy services
- Project management skills with fundraising campaigns that include training and managing staff, board members, and volunteers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Other duties as assigned.
Please submit a 3-5-page proposal outlining your experience, what you can accomplish the first three, six, and twelve months at SWLC and an example of an email to a new contributor. We also ask that you provide your expected salary range and if you would prefer to be staff or work on contract.
Submit proposal to Terrelene Massey, Executive Director, at by July 6, 2020.