Established in 2005, the Southwest Women’s Law Center (SWLC) works on issues that impact women and girls around reproductive rights, economic security, and gender discrimination in New Mexico. We are seeking to fill a newly created position for a donor relations/fundraiser who has a passion for our mission and vision and is excited to share it with the community.
We are open to negotiating a staff position with benefits or a contract employee, either full or part-time, with someone who has at least 2-8 years’ experience. Negotiable salary up to $62,000, based on skills, experience, and whether it is full or part-time.
As a small nonprofit, the SWLC relies heavily on grants to allow us to do our work but we are looking to expand our operations and so are seeking someone to:
- Spearhead our donor and fundraising outreach to individuals, corporate partners, and funding agencies
- Assess current fundraising plan and implement modifications to expand and enhance the donor experience
- Increase our supporter base by conducting prospect research to identify potential contributors including the key major giver
- Cultivate relationships with current supporters to grow their annual giving
- Manage a major gift campaign to build fundraising capacity each year
- Assist the Executive Director in researching and writing grants
- Use excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Grant/proposal writing experience
- Experience with in-person “asks” from individuals, corporations, and foundations
- Ability to cultivate productive working relationships with diverse populations
- Familiar with fundraising/communication databasesExperience with social media marketing for fundraising purposes
- Prior experience working with nonprofits that impact women, people of color, LGTBQ is a plus
- Project management skills with fundraising campaigns that include training and managing staff, board members, and volunteers
Please submit a 3-7-page proposal outlining your fundraising and/or grant writing experience, what you can accomplish in the first one, three, six, and twelve months at SWLC, and an example of an email to a new contributor. Please note this is the first time we will have this kind of position, therefore, we will need someone to help us build our fundraising capacity from the ground up. In drafting your proposal, we ask you to keep this in mind. We also ask you to provide your expected salary range and if you would prefer to be part-time, full-time, staff or work on contract.
Submit cover letter, resume, and proposal to Terrelene Massey, Executive Director.
Open until filled.